1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. CST. Early Check-in or late check- out must be approved prior to day of arrival. A half-day rent charge will be assessed for all non- approved late check outs.
2. AGE REQUIREMENT – No reservations will be made to students or singles under the age of twenty-five (25). One (1) guardian is required for every four (4) singles under the age of twenty-five (25). Guardians must accompany their children under the age of twenty-five (25) at all times and be present at the time of check-in. Underage drinking and/or partying are not allowed in any of the
rental houses. Non-compliance of these rules and regulations will result in immediate eviction with no return of any and all payments made.
3. SMOKING - This is a NON-SMOKING house. If it is determined upon departure that there has been smoking in the house, a $1,000.00 fee will be assessed. This determination will be at the discretion of the owner. Guests may choose to smoke on the street curb outside. All cigarette/cigar butts must be removed from property. If butts are found on or around property, an additional $500.00 fee will be assessed.
4. PETS - Beach Retreat Properties has a NO PET policy. Non-compliance with this rule will result in immediate eviction with no return of any payments or deposits.
5. Down-payment – Upon booking, a down-payment must be submitted to lock in your Rental Dates.
6. GUEST DAMAGE INSURANCE – A Damage Insurance is offered to each guest as a cost of $79 per booking. This cost is added into rental cost of Beach Retreat East, Beach Retreat West, The Grayt Escape and Beach Retreat South. The damage deposit will be used to pay unintentional damages. Linens and bath towels as well as some beach towels are supplied at each house. Inventory is done after each guest. Missing towels will be included in this insurance. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the houses.
7. FINAL PAYMENT – The final BALANCE is due 45 days before your arrival date. If you are booking within 14 days of the arrival date, only cash, money order or cashier’s check can be accepted.
** YOU WILL RECEIVE WELCOME PACKET 14 DAYS PRIOR TO CHECK-IN DATE.
8. CANCELLATIONS – A 10% cancellation fee on base rate will be assessed to any cancellation. A 60 day notice in January – April and August – December is required for any refundable cancellation. 90 days is required during May – July. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date will be assessed a 75% cancellation fee based on the advance payment. Cancellations within 15 days of arrival will result in a 100% loss of all monies paid at the owners discretion. If you should have to cancel your reservation, please notify us immediately and we will try and work with you.
HURRICANE POLICY FOR CANCELLATION OR CHANGE IS AS FOLLOWS: Refund only with mandatory evacuation. A Pro-Rated refund will be applied if there is a mandated evacuation during your stay.
9. CHANGES TO YOUR RESERVATION – There are no penalties for changing your reservation outside of
60 days prior to arrival if this change can be accommodated by Owner.
10. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel Ninety days (90) prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay may be charged a daily penalty for any changes.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests for each property is limited to 18. Exceeding the maximum occupancy can result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all money paid. Change in occupancy number can only be approved by owner and may be accessed a fee.
12. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. (Contact information for a daily maid service approved by Beach Retreat Properties will be found in the Welcome Packet. The ADDITIONAL maid service fee is negotiated and paid by the guest directly to the service provider. This service cannot be included, nor paid, through Beach Retreat Properties. (Beach Retreat Properties is not responsible for any issues arising from use of independent daily maid service.)
13. CLEANING FEE – An exit cleaning fee will be added to all reservations, regardless of the number of nights booked. This is applied for cleaning and laundry services upon departure. A $75 garbage removal fee will be assessed if garbage is not removed from the house at time of check-out.
14. NEIGHBORHOOD/HOA REGULATIONS – Most homes located in residential neighborhoods are controlled by a Home Owner Association. These associations have very strict rules that must be respected. Most violations warrant a fine that the guest will be responsible for paying. Many rental properties prohibit the on-site parking of recreational vehicles, personal watercraft (boats, trailers, jet skis, etc.) and/or restrict the number of motorized vehicles per rental house.
15. NOISE ORDINANCE – Quiet time for all properties is 10:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M., in conjunction with
Florida county ordinances. Please be considerate of your neighbors. Radios, stereos, and all other
musical or entertainment devices will be played in compliance with the decibel level. The decibel levels cannot exceed fifty (50) decibels between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. outdoors. Music played inside may not be heard outside of the property with the doors and windows closed. At 10:00 P.M., all guests not staying at the property need to depart from the premises.
16. WEDDINGS / EVENTS – All weddings and/or events are subject to a $500 event fee which will be due upon booking and must have pre-approval by Owner. All events must meet local restrictions, HOA rules and follow noise restrictions. The guests are responsible for any permits necessary for beach weddings. Non-compliance of these rules and regulations may result in immediate eviction with no return of any or all payments made.
17. POOL POLICY – The renter accepts all risk of the pool or hot tub and specifically agrees that no minor will swim unaccompanied by an adult. Diving or jumping into the pool or hot tub may result in head, neck, or spinal injuries. Community or Condominium pools or hot tubs are not controlled or maintained by Beach Retreat Properties. Beach Retreat Properties cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience resulting from the pool or hot tub. Pools and hot tubs have electrical/mechanical components. These components can sometimes malfunction. Beach Retreat Properties, its Vendors, and the Homeowner cannot be held responsible for any malfunctioning pool or hot tub. Please inform us as soon as possible if your pool or hot tub is not working properly. No compensation will be given for a malfunctioning heater. Beach Retreat Properties will do everything in its power to rectify any problems with malfunctioning equipment as quickly as possible. A fee is required to heat pools during spring, fall and winter seasons.
18. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and immediate eviction of guests. This includes age requirements for ‘adults per 25 and below guest’.
19. OCCUPANTS – Prior to your arrival you will supply a list of the occupants for your stay. This list should include names, first and last of all adults and names and ages of all minors. This information will be kept on file should there be any evacuation during your stay for Walton County Emergency Management Response. Beach Retreat will maintain this list at a separate location from Rental Property.
20. ACCOMMODATION – Beach Retreat Properties will reserve for you the specific house selected at the time of your reservation upon the receipt of your deposit and signed Agreement. Subject to availability for maintenance, owner usage, or other issues that may render the accommodations unsuitable for rental, guests will be placed in the specific house set forth in their Agreement, or an opportunity to stay in an equivalently priced accommodation, if available though. In no event will Beach Retreat Properties be responsible for any direct or indirect costs, expenses, fees or other consequential damages resulting from the unavailability of a specific accommodation.
By making the initial payment for this reservation, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement, rental details provided, and agree with the terms of the Liability Waiver. Non-compliance of these rules and regulations may result in immediate eviction with no return of any and all payments made.